Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday's not over

Ugh, so I don't have an original idea in my head. (It's possible I saw the Franklin Habit thing in passing somewhere and forgot I had seen it, and then thought I came up with something clever. I've also had, more catastrophically, research ideas that then turned out to be EXACTLY the thing someone already did in the first article I turn up)

I need to regain some energy and volition; piano lesson is in about an hour. I need to practice about 20 more minutes but all of a sudden I am TIRED. I don't know if it's just an accumulation of day-stuff (I had to make some cold-calls to places today in re: my grant stuff, and that kind of stuff takes my energy like nothing else. I hate asking people to do stuff for me even if it's their job to). We also had about 10 minutes of extremely heavy rain and now it's super humid and I'm wheezing a bit.

And my elbow - not the one I broke 20-odd years ago, the right one - is bothering me. I THINK it's stress from one of the exercise-book pieces I have to do this week; it involves an uncomfortably long reach for me. It feels a little like tennis elbow. (And of course, like an idiot, yesterday afternoon I was all OH HAI IT IS NICE OUT SO MAYBE I WILL GO AND TRIM BACK THE BRUSH AND CUT OUT ALL THE CRUD THAT HAS GROWN IN so that probably didn't help).

It's also possible that the tiredness is the result of already having been awake for more than 12 hours today....exercise is good, doing it first thing in the morning is good, but getting up early enough to do it kind of sucks rocks.

No comments: