Saturday, September 17, 2016

Just one thing

I really hope these "I have cats I can't take care of" dreams are related to lack of self-care and time off, because then maybe today will fix it. (Plans to go to the bookstore in the faint hope they're going to carry the Brit Knit magazines - last few times they've really thinned out the crafts section and I wonder if they can't get the imported mags any more or if I was the only one who bought them. Also have plans to go to the Target for stuff like laundry detergent but may also hit the toy aisle just to take a look).

Also am sad to learn Quilter's Newsletter Magazine - which has been around about as long as I have - is ceasing publication. It does seem a lot of craft magazines are folding (and, suspiciously, a lot that got bought by F and W publishing, so that makes me wonder). I called the number in the magazine (you can't do it online, despite the much vaunted, "We are going to all-online content now!") and got my McCall's Quilting subscription extended.....I hope that one keeps going.

I admit it, sometimes when stuff like this happens (and the closing of the local quilt shop, and other things), I have this feeling that "everything that makes you happy is going away, and you're going to have to search hard for new things"

It's too early in the semester for me to feel this tired. I'm sure it's allergies (because I'm also more "clumsy" right now - having trouble playing the piano well - and that's another symptom) but I am READY FOR IT TO BE DONE. And seeing as next week is going to be in the mid 90s with no rain, it won't stop next week.

I just need to get out of the house, and out of the tight little circle of home-work-church that I have been following for the past several weeks. I know, that's a very modern sort of problem to have; people living in soddies on the prairie wouldn't likely have felt that kind of boredom or isolation, or if they had, they wouldn't have complained about it. (Perhaps the better solution for me is to learn how not to be bugged by my circumstances, rather than trying to change them....)

but still, I need to get out. 

No comments: