Wednesday, August 16, 2017

And starting anew

Early morning meetings today (ugh).

I decided to start over with some new scheduling. Today was Day 1 of getting up early and exercising first thing again. I had done this for years and years, on the grounds that at 5 am, it's exceptionally unlikely anyone is going to "need" me for anything. But I quit late last year in favor of late-day exercising, after ongoing indigestion problems suggested working out on a totally empty stomach was unwise (and it was too early to get up, eat breakfast, wait for it to settle, and then work out). But working out at the end of the day is a drag, and if I had evening meetings it meant it was harder to get it in.

Also, I think some of my "bleak moods" are tied to not exercising in the morning - I have a suspicion some of the anxiety I feel gets bled away by exercising, and by doing it early, I'm in a better mood.

So I did that today. Right now I think I feel better than I had previously. We'll see how this works out. If I start having stomach issues again I'll have to shift back, but otherwise, it IS kind of a relief to know that at least I have exercised, even if I don't get much else done in a day.

I also decided I have to disengage from the Internet earlier in the evening, for two reasons - first, so I will sleep better and second, so I can spend some of my free time knitting instead. I added maybe an inch to the Grasse Matinee last night (the end bit of this is v. slow going. I can't wait to move on to the sleeves...)

I slept some better last night, but....there may have been a reason why I was sad and crabby and sleeping badly this week or so. Yeah, my stupid body.

(And again, more for me than for you: time to reset the time-to-menopause clock. Sigh.)

I'm also making a dumb little ritual of saying "goodnight" on Twitter when I log off in the early evening; I think to does help me to disconnect and not go running back to check again; I guess I feel like the people who follow me will know that if they tweet at me, I won't get it until the next morning.

So, I'm stuck in meetings from 8 until noon. After that, I don't know - I might just come home and relax.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Twitter has become a bad habit with me. I'm on it so much some days I have to charge my phone twice in one day. It's that "fear of missing out" I think that makes me check it frequently and then stay on it for way too long because there's all this new stuff, a lot of it just pretty pictures because of the accounts I follow, but also some political/news stuff and I can't resist seeing what's going on in the world and what people are saying about it even though some days I really want to smack someone.