Saturday, October 14, 2017

and once again

Back where I was last week. (in "Fort Too Many Stuffed Animals") working on grading, and hopefully later, taking notes on the land uses stuff - not quite done with that.

Have tentatively named the new barn owl "Sophia," because Sophia was, in early Christian writing, the personification of wisdom, and owls are supposed to be wise. (But also because of Golden Girls.)

My student and I got the research plots set up today. Remarkably, my bum shoulder got better as we worked. (Arthritis? Maybe. Maybe it was not having used it the right way recently coupled with carrying my too-heavy purse on that side yesterday. I'm just glad it got better - it was very hard to take my dress off over my head last night, and I almost couldn't braid my hair (it was painful to lift my arm that high) and turning over in bed *hurt* and I also laid there and worried it was tendonitis or something and I'd have to give up knitting and piano, at least for a while, and how would I write on the board in Biostats Monday when I can't lift my arm higher than my shoulder?

But it got better overnight, and it is still better now.

Oh, and the little blue glow you see off to my right is this:






I left the goofy little string of LEDs up after Christmas. I don't put them on often, but they do lend a LITTLE more light for working (I still have never replaced the ceiling fan/light fixture; it's mostly that I never have the nexus of "bedroom clean enough for worker to come in + enough spare cash to buy a new one + time to go shopping for one." I need to sometime, though.)

And back to grading...


No comments: