Saturday, December 09, 2017

Another finished thing

I WAS going to take a hot bath last night (the teal deer: ninety minutes of sitting, in a non-ergonomic molded plastic chair, made my backside and my bum hip hurt).

But I got involved with finishing Sleepy Scootaloo, and once I got the hair on, I wanted to do the face.

I might have been better off waiting for morning. I'm not 100% satisfied - I think the eyes are maybe a little too oval and too small and they make her look more mature than she is. But I don't know if I want to change it (a lot of unpicking and maybe damaging the crochet) at this point. (though I could try making larger eyes and putting them on OVER these; that might be worth a try, I don't know).

Then again, things don't have to be (and won't be) show accurate, at least not in this medium:

sleepy scootalooo

I do like the pattern - it's not too long to make up, it's not involved, and it makes a nice-sized toy.

Here's the face. Like I said, I can't decide. I might live with it a couple days before I consider doing a different one:

sleepy scootaloo 2

I might also need to trim her bangs, I don't know. Scootaloo's forelock is shorter than that.

sleepy scootaloo face

No comments: